Diesel Fleet Mechanic - 10k Sign On Bonus
Company: US Foods
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: November 14, 2023
ARE YOU A CURRENT US FOODS EMPLOYEE? PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY
THROUGH OUR INTERNAL WORKDAY CAREER SITE.
Join Our Community of Food People!
Mechanic will be responsible for the troubleshooting, repair and
maintenance of the Fleet road equipment including tractor, trailer,
thermo-king, converter dolly and maintenance vehicles. Ensure
compliance with all State and Federal trucking regulations.
Mechanics will also be responsible for the documentation,
completion, and to keep current the maintenance logs for all
repairs and parts used daily.
JOIN THE US FOODS - FAMILY!
Ready to build a career with a company that's leading the
7:30am start time
Avg. 40 hour work week
Overtime as necessary
$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR ELIGIBLE NEW HIRES!
Benefits start day one!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Each item should account for
10% or more):
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild, replace and complete all
required repairs on diesel equipment (i.e., tractors, trailers,
bobtails, reefers, lift gates, etc.).
- Perform preventative maintenance within company standards.
- Complete documentation of all repair orders, PM list and parts
- Handle road service calls as needed.
- Keep track of assigned repairs by logging in and out of the
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with
workplace safety rules and regulations and government
- Maintain inventory and proper recordkeeping.
- Backup to other maintenance shop personnel.
- Willingness and capacity to assume increased responsibility and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Internal: VP of Operations, Fleet and Facilities management,
Transportation leadership team, and various other USF personnel
External: Vendors, Parts and equipment delivery personnel
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A valid Class-A CDL license and DOT certified is
- Must have (3) years of verifiable hands-on experience as a
heavy duty commercial diesel mechanic or reefer mechanic or a
combination of both; or (2) years verifiable hands-on experience
with either Diesel Mechanic Certification or TK/Carrier
Refrigeration Certification or both.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment
- Successfully demonstrated independent analytical and
- Prior experience in administering appropriate PM program.
- Must furnish own personal hand tools.
- Ability to comply with EPA and OSHA regulations as pertaining
to the shop and fleet.
- Ability to read and understand technical and service
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate with
co-workers and drivers with demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously in a
fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational
- Computer and software experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and
- Must be able to work overtime when needed
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO: 1. SIT Occasionally 2. STAND Frequently 3.
WALK Frequently 4. DRIVE Occasionally (company vehicle) TO LIFT: 1.
1-10 lbs (Sedentary) Continuously 2. 10-20 lbs (Light) Frequently
3. 25-50 lbs (Medium) Occasionally 4. 50-100 lbs (Heavy)
Occasionally 5. Over 100 lbs (Very Heavy) May lift up to 120-150
pounds (2 man lift) TO CARRY: 1. 1-10 lbs (Sedentary) Frequently 2.
10-20 lbs (Light) Frequently 3. 25-50 lbs (Medium) Occasionally 4.
50-100 lbs (Heavy) Occasionally 5. Over 100 lbs (Very Heavy)
Occasionally 1. Push/pull Occasionally Item: transmissions, tires &
clutches 2. Climb/balance Occasionally Item: ladders & liftgates 3.
Stoop/squat Frequently 4. Kneel/bend Occasionally 5. Bend
Frequently 6. Reach above shoulder Occasionally 7. Grasp objects
Frequently Type: 8. Manipulate objects Frequently Type: 9. Twisting
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability
Keywords: US Foods, Grand Forks , Diesel Fleet Mechanic - 10k Sign On Bonus, Professions , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!