Social Sciences & Scholarly Communication Librarian
Company: Chester Fritz Library
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: November 7, 2019
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Details: $50,000/Annual, Full-time,
Benefited, Exempt Benefits: Includes single or family health care
coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life
insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick
leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental,
vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: 8:00 - 4:30, Monday - Friday. Possible weekends
The purpose of this position is to serve as an authority on
emerging and evolving trends in scholarly communications and on
social sciences methodologies and research, and to recommend
initiatives that could be undertaken to support evolving needs. To
serve as a member of a dynamic team providing direct assistance and
guidance to library users through reference and instructional
services. To serve as a bibliographer for specific academic
departments, assisting in collection development.
- Duties and responsibilities include:Act as Scholarly
Communications Campus Liaison
- Provide reference and research services
- Responsible for collection development and management for
assigned social science areas of the collection as well as the
general reference collection
- Participation in Library's information literacy instruction
- Instruct classes in research techniques as requested by
academic departments in assigned subject areas of
- Participate in meetings, conferences, workshops, or webinars,
locally, regionally, nationally and internationally as
- Strong communication skills, planning, problem solving, ability
to work well with students, faculty and staff.
- Strong commitment to customer best practices.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Graduate master's degree from an American Library Association
- One year of relevant work experience in an academic or research
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook,
Integrated Library systems, research databases.
- Provide three (3) references
- Successful completion of a criminal history background
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to
complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon
hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with and knowledge of scholarly communication and
- Experience providing reference services.
- Degree or coursework in the social sciences.
- Experience in instruction in an academic or research
- Experience in collection development.
Keywords: Chester Fritz Library, Grand Forks , Social Sciences & Scholarly Communication Librarian, Other , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!