Line Operator -
Company: Orion: ADS
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Eagle Grove, IA
Bessemer City, NC
Winter Garden, FL
Hours, sign-on bonuses and additional perks (there are plenty!)
vary, and your recruiter will share these details with you based on
the location(s) in which you are interested.
A Line Operator is responsible for performing and maintaining the
daily activities associated with a production line. This includes
housekeeping, safety, quality, maintaining production efficiencies,
repair and maintenance and minimizing downtime. This position
requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as
required. Ability to work varying shifts is also required due to
equipment changeovers. Additional responsibilities include:
- Embrace a culture of safety
- Manage a plastic extrusion line to ensure finished goods meet
quality specifications that meet customer needs
- Utilize standard operating procedures to ensure the production
line is running with specifications
- Lead with line tooling changes, start-ups and shutdowns
- Maintain a safe work environment through practicing proper PPE
and housekeeping compliance.
- Accurately complete shift production and reporting
- Conduct regular product sampling to ensure consistent
- Assist with Preventative Maintenance program
- Meet or exceed standard production efficiencies on all
- Maintain and increase ability to operate various production
lines through certifications
- Troubleshoot process and mechanical problems and perform
repairs and adjustments to meet production needs as required.
- Perform tooling changeovers in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain a safe working environment that includes the
consistent use of Personal Protection Equipment to ensure your
- Practice continuous improvement which not only includes the
line but also facility housekeeping
What Will Make You Successful:
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair abilities
- Any type of extrusion experience
- Basic computer skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate heavy machinery, i.e. forklifts, in a safe
- Reading and Writing skills
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time
in fluctuating temperatures.
- Position requires full range of body motion including twisting,
bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount
industrial equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to stand and be mobile throughout an 8-12-hour
- Ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and
transport finished goods.
- Previous industrial or manufacturing experience
Keywords: Orion: ADS, Grand Forks , Line Operator - , Other , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!