Company: Alerus Financial
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Financial Advisors are responsible for enhancing existing
relationships and developing new business opportunities. Financial
Advisors deliver comprehensive financial advice to Alerus clients
by serving as their trusted primary point of contact with the
support of a team of specialists. All financial advisors assist
clients in their selection of Alerus products by recommending
appropriate Alerus solutions to ensure the client successfully
achieves their financial wellness goals. Financial Advisors are
expected to focus their time on developing new business with
existing clients 60% and new clients 40%, approximately.
Job Function 1: Client Consultation & Service - 50%
- Effectively manage, analyze, and grow a portfolio of high net
worth clients such as executives, professionals, entrepreneurs, and
business owners to provide knowledgeable advanced advice and
solutions to accomplish a high level of financial wellness.
- Assist portfolio of clients in selection of financial solutions
by serving as the primary point of contact.
- Learn client's financial objectives and provide comprehensive
financial guidance & planning utilizing the complete Alerus product
- Perform regular proactive relationship reviews based on
complexity and product or service level on assigned portfolio.
- Evaluate a client's financial needs and determine the
appropriate service team to meet those needs including advisors,
associates and product experts.
- Update CRM software to capture client activity, schedule
required follow-up actions, and effectively onboard clients.
- Serve consumer clients' financial needs holistically across all
solutions, utilizing the Alerus playbook approach.
Job Function 2: New Business & Client Development - 30%
- Proactively solicit new business opportunities with existing
clients through the relationship review process including
opportunities identified by CRM software.
- Place calls to prospective clients to discuss their financial
needs and objectives by making outside sales calls, channel
contacts, and through other forms of network building.
- Actively represent Alerus in the marketplace by establishing a
network of influencers, active involvement in community
organizations (i.e. Chamber, Rotary, etc.) and participation in
- Utilize CRM software to track new opportunities and schedule
prospecting follow-up communication.
Job Function 3: Professional & Personal Development - 20%
- Maintain an advanced level of knowledge encompassing the
financial services industry, stay current on trends that impact
Alerus' relevancy in its competitive space.
- Maintain an advanced understanding of complex financial
planning concepts including loans, depository products,
investments, protection planning, and liquidity planning.
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of estate planning,
charitable giving, trusts, and tax management.
- Assume responsibility for career growth and development.
Actively pursue continuing education, reading, and self-development
to enhance skills.
- Build solid working relationships with team members, acting as
a resource for others including a commitment to professional
development of personal financial guides, business advisors, and
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field or
equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of financial services experience, working with
high net worth clients.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and retain high net worth
- Defined plan to achieve or completion of professional and/or
financial services accreditation(s) i.e. CFP, CFA, CPA.
- Maintain an active financial services license i.e. Insurance,
Investment, and/or Brokerage.
- Demonstrated expertise in assessing a client's financial needs
and making proactive recommendations.
- Previous experience utilizing CRM software to track and manage
- Demonstrated record of proven sales ability and client service
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Established interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Advanced math proficiency.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative, creativity and
enthusiasm to develop sales strategy, prospects and client
- Effective communication skills and willingness to work with a
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple phases of the sales process.
- Passionate about serving clients to positive impact their
- Proven problem-solver.
- Ability to manage the stressful nature of the work and maintain
professional composure, attitude, and behavior at all events.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable
- Extended periods of time at a desk and using office
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately
8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach
with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch
or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and
materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Ability to travel as needed to other markets and
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women,
minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Keywords: Alerus Financial, Grand Forks , Financial Advisor, Other , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!