The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held
organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and
agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true
farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of
agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant
sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial
product development, and distribution.
This job will manage operations to achieve the lowest peel loss
while working with the defect removal operators to meet quality
specifications. Will do whatever required to achieve this goal in a
manner consistent with safety, quality and production goals.
- Peeler Operators will be required to cross train on portions of
the Raw Receiving Lead and Raw Receiver duties.
- Ensures there is no injury to self or others by following safe
work practices (including Standard Operating Procedures) and
- Attend and participate in all training activities for the
position. Ensure the acquired skills and knowledge are
- Ensures self-compliance with Company policies, Standard
Operating Procedures, and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner and ensures that
personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the
job functions while representing the Company.
- Ensures that equipment in assigned area of unit operations are
monitored and maintained.
- Ensures that necessary level of communication is maintained
with team members and support groups regarding line
- Ensures that accurate process checks are performed and recorded
in a timely manner.
- Understands what MMS is and what information is entered.
- Ensures that line flow is maintained and accurately adjusted
based on the needs of the plant.
- Properly follows start up and shut down procedures for all
equipment in the Peeler Room.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
1+ years related experience and/or training
- Available to work night shift (7pm to 7am) and overtime shifts
- Math and computer skills.
- Forklift experience preferred, but on-the-job training is
- Must be able to perform activities such as walking, standing,
stooping, bending, kneeling, stair and ladder climbing on a daily
- Must be able to lift a case of French fries - maximum 40
PAY: $20.43/hour + night shift differential
12 hour shifts. Employees work a 2-week rotation, working
Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday (4 shifts) on Week 1 and Sunday,
Wednesday, Thursday (3 shifts) on Week 2.
Employees will be assigned to either 7AM to 7PM (Crew A and B)
or 7PM to 7AM shifts (Crew C and D).
The monthly schedule does not include rotating from nights to
Employees enjoy having a 3-day weekend every other week.
Employees will receive 8 hours of time and half overtime on
their 48 hour week schedule.
Job Requisition ID: 4719
Travel Required: None
Location(s): FG Plant - Grand Forks
Country: United States
The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or
any other protected status.
If you require technical assistance, please email us at