Continuous Improvement Leader
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Continuous Improvement Leader works within Value Streams to
prepare and conduct process improvement events and projects. They
develop and prepare materials for use in events, coordinate with
Value Stream management and participants, lead instruction on the
use of process improvement tools, facilitate team decisions, manage
team work, resolve team conflict, assist in the development of
implementation action plans and follow-up.
Steffes Core Values
Trust: We promote growth and long-term success by making wise
decisions with trust as an essential component.
Respect: We unleash creative talents of our diverse workforce by
treating each other the way we would like to be treated.
Teamwork: We believe people achieve much more by working
Integrity: We follow through and keep our word while being open,
honest, ethical, and fair.
Safety: We view our co-workers as family members of our business
and strive to ensure safety for all.
Humility: We recognize and appreciate strengths and
contributions beyond one's self. We are modest, genuine, and
- Assist Value Streams in identifying and eliminating waste
within manufacturing and business processes.
- Facilitate Lean activities such as: 5S, 8D problem solving,
Value Stream Mapping, Hoshin Planning and Kaizen Events.
- Use appropriate project management techniques to see
improvements to completion.
- Develop and document standard work using TWI methods.
- Choose and apply appropriate Continuous Improvement tools in a
way that will improve production efficiency, capacity, and process
- Create presentations and administer Continuous Improvement
- Refresh existing or develop new corporate training
- Prioritize improvement opportunities where applicable.
- Establish, communicate and reinforce best practices agreed
- Provide mentoring and technical expertise for the Value
- Create appropriate flow trigger methodologies such as Kanban,
visual workflow boards, heijunka, parts supermarkets, and material
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in collaborative manner with customers, suppliers, co-workers, and
- Helps company meet its Strategic, Quality and Safety
- Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Service - Demonstrate excellent customer service and
display a positive attitude and behavior consistent with the
Steffes Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Quality - Actively support and participate in Quality
- Take immediate action in unsafe situations.
- Adhere to all safety standards; thus, promoting safe practices
to ensure a safe environment.
Conduct - Demonstrate and support the Steffes Code of
Policies and Procedures - Demonstrate and support Steffes
Policies and Procedures by:
- Using tact, sound judgement, and maintaining a professional
attitude in communication and relationships with others.
- Striving to deliver the best quality in daily work.
- Promoting a positive image of Steffes and its products.
- Being timely and punctual in attendance and following all
policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering
Management, Industrial Technology, or other related field.
- Proven experience in Lean Concept Application
- 2 years experience in manufacturing environment
- MS Word-Advanced; MS Excel-Advanced; MS
PowerPoint-Intermediate; MS Outlook-Intermediate, Simulation
- Communication skills (Develop written communications requiring
grammar skills; Interact with customers on an explanatory basis;
interact with groups of people and co-workers; use of telephones,
public address system; and oral communication)
- Basic and advanced math skills, spelling and reading skills
(Basic instructional and technical information)
- An acceptable combination of education and experience
Physical Demands of Position
- This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist,
carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 20 pounds.
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs.
- Stooping, crouching, kneeling and bending.
- Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some
- Visual acuity is required to inspect work completed.
- This role may be subject to internal and external environmental
Keywords: Steffes, Grand Forks , Continuous Improvement Leader, Other , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!