Machine Operator - Night Shift
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position: Machine Operator Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Production Supervisor Approval Date: 4/26/19
Last Revised: 4/26/19
Responsible for the safe operation of production machines. Must
be able to read blueprints and follow standard work and training
guides provided for each process or product.
Steffes Core Values
Trust: We promote growth and long-term success by making wise
decisions with trust as an essential component.
Respect: We unleash creative talents of our diverse workforce by
treating each other the way we would like to be treated.
Teamwork: We believe people achieve much more by working
Integrity: We follow through and keep our word while being open,
honest, ethical, and fair.
Safety: We view our co-workers as family members of our business
and strive to ensure safety for all.
Humility: We recognize and appreciate strengths and
contributions beyond one's self. We are modest, genuine, and
- Follow and understand standard work, training guides,
procedures, and acceptance criteria to meet customer
- Able to use various hand tools.
- Follow and understand build boards and Kanban system
- Report inconsistencies and/or defects in material, product, or
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in collaborative manner with customers, suppliers, co-workers, and
- Helps company meet its Strategic, Quality and Safety
- Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Service - Demonstrate excellent customer service and
display a positive attitude and behavior consistent with the
Steffes Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Quality - Actively support and participate in Quality
- Take immediate action in unsafe situations.
- Adhere to all safety standards; thus, promoting safe practices
to ensure a safe environment.
Conduct - Demonstrate and support the Steffes Code of
Policies and Procedures - Demonstrate and support Steffes
Policies and Procedures by:
- Using tact, sound judgement, and maintaining a professional
attitude in communication and relationships with others.
- Striving to deliver the best quality in daily work.
- Promoting a positive image of Steffes and its products.
- Being timely and punctual in attendance and following all
policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior work experience in related field, preferred
- Basic computer knowledge (Windows, email, internet, etc.)
- Written and verbal communication, math, reading, and spelling
- Good math and visualization skills
- An acceptable combination of education and experience
Physical Demands of Position
- This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a
- Must have the ability to lift 70 pounds from floor to waist,
carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 100 pounds
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs
- Stooping, crouching, kneeling and bending
- Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some
- Visual acuity is required to inspect work completed
This role may be subject to internal and external environmental
Keywords: Steffes, Grand Forks , Machine Operator - Night Shift, Other , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!