Loan Servicing Supervisor
Company: Alerus Financial
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Loan Servicing Supervisor is responsible for the oversight
and direction of the servicing of all types of loans, including
commercial, consumer, and residential real estate loans. These
responsibilities include supervision of the loan ops servicers, and
ensuring excellent client service through accuracy of data input,
accuracy of processing, and adherence to specific service standards
and compliance requirements.
Job Function 1: Team Leadership & Employee Management - 50%
- Supervise and provide leadership to the Loan Operations
Servicing team by demonstrating effective problem solving, decision
making, coaching and communication skills on a daily basis, setting
a positive example for team members.
- Provide daily supervision and work direction to assigned loan
servicing team ensuring work is completed according to team service
level agreements and meets legal, regulatory, lien perfection, and
Alerus policy requirements.
- Research and make decisions/recommendations regarding complex
or unique loan servicing requests; assist team members with complex
- Act with initiative to address client complaints and process
- Schedule and lead work group meetings, as needed, to keep
operations running efficiently and effectively.
- Partner with the Loan Operations manager in the hiring and
termination of employees, promotions, and salary
- Identify training needs, coordinate training, and deliver
training as needed.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback to team members and
address performance issues promptly as they arise.
- Coordinate employee work schedules and FTO plans to ensure
sufficient coverage to maintain service level agreements.
- Manage employee attendance by monitoring, reviewing and
approving weekly time punches.
- Recognize and celebrate individual and team achievements.
- Complete employee Leadership Assessment plans and reviews, and
conduct one-on-one meetings with employees to discuss performance
Job Function 2: Process & System Oversight - 30%
- Establish team service level agreements and ensure servicing is
accurate, complete, and timely.
- Ensure Loan Servicing processes are properly documented,
assigned to the appropriate owner with sufficient back up coverage,
and kept up-to-date.
- Work with process owners to research and resolve problems.
- Identify areas needing improvement, work with team to develop
process improvement plan, and assist with implementation.
- Provide backup support as needed to help the team meet service
- Perform processes as assigned by manager.
- Maintain knowledge of Alerus loan products.
- Work with underwriting and manager to address product
- Assist with implementation of new product initiatives and
- Lead or assist with completing Loan Operations, Lending, or
- Perform system administration duties as required.
- Foster and leverage constructive working relationships with
internal clients and external clients and contacts.
- Work with the Loan Operations Manager, the Loan Documentation
Supervisor, and the business areas to coordinate efforts and ensure
effective collaboration in order to meet client needs and maintain
bank and regulatory requirements.
Job Function 3: Department, System, and Industry Knowledge -
- Proficient with core system, data entry definitions, and
- Demonstrate and maintain enhanced knowledge of loan servicing,
lien perfection and loan documentation processes and systems.
- Review and coordinate loan servicing system updates; address
system issues requiring resolution. Perform or assign system
- Expert understanding of loan product attributes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Loan Operations
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of banking industry as it
pertains to the position.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of compliance, legal, and Alerus
policy requirements pertaining to the job.
- Complete regulation, compliance, Alerus manager, and addition
training as assigned.
- Participate in departmental meetings for supported areas, and
provide training as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of
education and/or financial industry experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in loan servicing.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced loan servicing and
- Proficiency working with a computer and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with strong leadership
- Proven analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication and client service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet time deadlines, with
established time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented
- Ability to motivate self and other team members.
- Ability to drive, support and implement continuous change.
- Ability to work flexible hours, some day and possible overnight
- Positive client centric attitude.
- Self-motivated and eager to take on new challenges.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Commitment to continued learning.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately
8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach
with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch
or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and
materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Requires the routine & safe operation of a motor vehicle to
travel between multiple locations to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women,
minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Keywords: Alerus Financial, Grand Forks , Loan Servicing Supervisor, Other , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!