Customer Service Advocate
Company: Altru Health System
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Customer Service Advocate is responsible for
answering incoming calls for patient financial services. This
position demonstrates exceptional customer service skills, such as
responsiveness, empathy, and willingness to assess and respond to
individual patient needs. The Customer Service Advocate maintains
confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with
Organization Policies, HIPAA and PCI regulations and ensures
compliance with all regulatory requirements as identified by OIG,
JCAHO, CMS, etc.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs account analysis and educates guarantors in regards to
payment issues on outstanding patient balances.
- Addresses patient complaints, financial concerns and any other
issues in a courteous and professional manner using resources
available both internally and externally.
- Reviews, verifies and evaluates demographic and third party
payer information as they are related to patient accounts.
- Coordinates the application process for Community care and
other assistance programs to ensure accurate and timely
- Manages all incoming internal and external customer phone
calls, e-mails and written correspondence by researching, resolving
and documenting all issues and concerns that are received.
- Receives and responds to patient, professional and clinical
inquiries in person or by telephone and provides accurate
processing and billing support. Explains insurance benefits,
payments, claim submission, billing and general Business Office
- Resolves problems, concerns, insurance, coding and billing
questions as the primary contact for customers, clinical and
Education & Experience
Associate's Business Or Associate's Related Field
A minimum of 2 years of related experience Required
Demonstrates excellent customer service skills. Required
Keywords: Altru Health System, Grand Forks , Customer Service Advocate, Other , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!