Company: Microbeam Technologies Incorporated
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Microbeam is seeking a Software Engineer to participate in a
Grand Forks, ND-based team that designs and implements artificial
intelligence and machine learning tools for the electric generating
power industry. We are looking for highly qualified and motivated
candidates who are interested in advancing Microbeam applications
and delivering products to our clients that improve plant
efficiency and reliability. The candidate must enjoy working on
complex multidisciplinary issues associated with developing
computer-based applications that are utilized on-site by operations
personnel. The candidate must be comfortable with all aspects of
the product development and implementation process that includes
conceptual design, prototyping, and validation testing. Most
importantly the candidate must demonstrate a passion for machine
learning, a mindset of continuous learning and improvement, and a
demonstrated ability to develop things that work. The
responsibilities of the position include:
- Development of software/sensor products from the R&D stage
- Mentor a collaborative team of talented data
scientists/engineers, machine learning/neural network engineers,
and software engineers on complex power system optimization
- Communicate team's work with stakeholders and leaders
associated with the technology.
- Lead efforts in the development of advanced algorithm
- Integrate technical and business objectives into a single
- Foster collaborative work environment that targets continuous
learning and innovation. The required qualifications of the
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field (ABET
Accredited), and/or Completion of a programming bootcamp with
minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in software development.
- Experience with languages including C ++ , C # , and
- Experience with statistics and data analysis using languages
like SQL, R, and Python.
- Familiar with artificial intelligence disciplines including
deep learning and machine learning.
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated ability to design,
implement, deliver and maintain software products.
- Experience using version control tools such as git. The
preferred qualifications of the position include:
- Masters/Ph.D. in computer science with neural networks and
machine learning experience.
- Experience in algorithm development.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare funded proposals to commercial
and government entities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team. Microbeam Technologies
Incorporated is a fast-growing company who specializes in advanced
materials analysis, diagnosing system performance challenges,
advanced sensors for on-line analysis, and predictive tools based
on neural networks and machine learning for clients in the energy
industry. Microbeam offers a competitive salary based on
experience. Microbeam provides medical, dental, and vision benefits
as well as retirement, disability, and leave. Please send cover
letter and resume to Steve Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newsletter Sign up for our quarterly e-newsletter to stay
up-to-date on our current projects and services. Email address:
Microbeam is a leader in advanced fuel quality analysis and
determining the impacts of fuel impurities on power system
performance. Since 1992, Microbeam has performed more than 1,500
commercial projects providing advanced analysis to the electric
utility industry, equipment developers, coal companies, alternative
fuel providers, researchers, and others.
Keywords: Microbeam Technologies Incorporated, Grand Forks , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!