Associate Director, Human Resources
Company: Minot State University
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Associate Director- Human Resources--is the primary point of
service in providing HR support, advice and counsel on all
HR-related matters including, but not limited to, employee
relations, organizational development/change, performance
management, compensation, and talent acquisition/recruitment
support and talent development delivery. A key expectation for this
position is that it serves as a collaborative bridge between UND
Human Resources & Payroll Services (to ensure a consistent
application of UND and NDUS policy and procedures) while being
supportive and collaborative in providing HR-related services to
the School of Medicine & Health Sciences. The position provides
dedicated HR support and develops close working relationships with
the Division of the Health Affairs/SMHS working with the Vice
President/Dean, Associate Deans, Chief of Staff, Department
Administrators, senior leadership, and support staff in the
division collaboratively to understand and support their business
and academic objectives. This position may be eligible for remote
work. Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the Recruiting/Staffing/Hiring/Payroll Process for
Staff and Serves as a Resource for the Education and Faculty
Affairs Office in the Division of Health Affairs/SMHS
- In coordination with the university recruiting manager, assists
departments with developing staff--recruitment strategies including
review of all open positions, job descriptions, assisting the
department in developing a search and sourcing plan, identifying
target markets and recruitment sources.
- Works with departments to ensure paperwork is completed,
approves process through coordination with the Dean's Office, and
monitors the recruitment in the applicant tracking system.--
- Provide guidance on pre-employment and on-boarding process for
all staff positions and partner with supervisors and department
chairs/administrators to ensure newly hired staff will receive
appropriate guidance in their introductory periods regarding
expectations and documentation.
- Works to resolve any payroll issues at the SMHS.
- Employee Relations/Manager Advisory Services to the SMHS
regarding Staff positions.
- Provide guidance on day-to-day employee relations issues and
appropriate investigations and resolution, including handling
sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact.
- Provides a model for effective performance management including
coaching on positive employee relations as well as appropriate and
effective strategies for handling disciplinary issues.
- Educates departments on policies and procedures relative to
employment issues as well as the legal aspects and implications of
various decision options ensure compliance with federal, state(s)
and local employment laws and University policies and
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings with departmental
administrators who coordinate human resource processes. Ensures
that departmental administrators are up-to-date on necessary
policies and procedures by communicating changes and updates to
them on an ongoing basis.
- Advises the Vice President of Heath Affairs/Dean SMHS, Chief of
Staff of the School of Medicine and Health Affairs on relevant
matters related to employee issues, strategic initiatives as they
affect faculty and staff.
- Organizational Development and Compensation
- In collaboration with the Compensation Manager, works with
departments in analysis of compensation structure for staff.
- Manages, approves, and processes appropriate electronic or
paper documents such as, Position Change/Request, Job Data, HRMS
Manager Self Service processes, etc.
- Human Resources Processes/Committees/Competencies
- Serve as the representative for the Staff Advisory Committee
(SAC) for the SMHS. Disseminate any information relevant to staff.
Serves on various working groups attached to SAC.
- Serve on other committees or working groups as assigned by the
AVP of HR & Payroll, or the Associate Dean for Administration and
- Attends conferences and workshops to continue professional
growth and development.
- Stay current on trends, laws, etc. in the human resources'
- Assists other departments/divisions with investigations, Title
IX, etc. as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in addition
to the ability to negotiate and influence others
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain strong business
relationships and the demonstrated ability to collaborate with all
levels of university leadership, staff and faculty by building
trust and credibility
- Demonstrated experience working with and providing consultation
to Senior Leadership within the SMHS as a business partner on
strategic and tactical HR related business issues
- Must have the ability to work independently and handle multiple
priorities and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to travel to outlying SMHS campuses as needed (Fargo,
Minot, Bismarck, Casper, WY)
- Ability to function effectively--as a collaborative bridge
between Human Resources & Payroll Services and the SMHS to ensure
that UND and NDUS/SBHE policies and procedures are consistently and
fully followed and that the missions and goals of the SMHS are
supported fully and enthusiastically
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
Other Bachelors degrees will be considered with directly related
- Minimum 5 years HR Generalist experience including the
following functional areas: recruiting/staffing, employee
relations, employee development, organizational development,
compensation analysis, training and development, performance
management and employment law, FMLA and ADA, and workplace
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Successful completion of criminal history records check. In
compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to
verify identity--and eligibility to work in the US and to complete
the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Master's Degree in Human Resources, business Administration or
- Experience working in higher education and with faculty
- Experience working with UND, NDUS, SBHE policies and
- Professional certification in the HR field, i.e. PHR/SPHR
- Experience working with Peoplesoft/HRMS
- Experience working with recruiting software Minimum Hiring
Salary/Position Classification Work Schedule/Start Date Monday -
Friday 8:00am-4:30pm, may require some travel as needed Includes
single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the
university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition
waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available:
supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account,
supplemental retirement plans. To Apply For full consideration, all
application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the
closing date. Additional Information To find out why living and
working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out--Grand
Forks is Cooler . All information listed in this position
announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring
Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and
selection purposes. Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related
to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential,
except records related to the finalists of the position, which are
open to the public after the search committee has identified the
top three finalists who will be invited to campus. EEO Statement
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women,
minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of
other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their
gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran's status and disability
status as part of the application process. This information will
remain confidential and separate from your application. Veteran's
Preference Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of
eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a
DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter
of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months. Clery
Statement In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus
Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of
North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.
The report includes the university's policies, procedures, and
programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years' of
crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are
entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data
can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy
of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus
Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.
Keywords: Minot State University, Grand Forks , Associate Director, Human Resources, Human Resources , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!