Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: March 14, 2023
The IHOP Restaurant Manager reports directly to their General
Manager. The manager directly supervises IHOP restaurant's
employees. His or her primary responsibilities include managing
operations in the front and back of the house with a high
concentration on profitability and sales growth, while constantly
maintaining IHOP's standards of quality and service.
The following list details some of the specific responsibilities
and expectations of an IHOP Restaurant Manager:
- Manage all areas to achieve positive and consistent sales
growth while meeting or exceeding company goals in all profit and
- Manage entire operation of restaurant during scheduled shifts,
which include daily decision making, consistent staff support,
positive and consistent guest interaction, proper scheduling and
planning while upholding standards, consistent excellent product
quality and maintaining high levels of cleanliness and
- Provide employees with consistent and appropriate feedback to
facilitate their development and enhance the overall operation.
Ensure that all employees adhere to the company's uniform
- Perform line checks in the galley throughout the shift to
ensure proper specifications on weights, temperatures, cleanliness
- Ensure that the unit is properly staffed for all time periods.
Staffing must be maintained at a level to guarantee overall guest
satisfaction for the goal of increasing sales
- Interview, hire, and train the highest quality hourly
- Conduct orientations to ensure a positive first step for all
new hourly employees, follow up with IHOP's training program.
- Prepare reports at end of shift, which may include Daily Sales
Reports, Daily Cash Interims, Daily Labor controls, and other such
processes that ensure the control of all company assets.
- Prepare food production checklists and ensure the proper
implementation of all company recipes as required.
- Order food, small wares, uniforms and any other necessary
products to unit par levels to maintain the highest levels of
- Identify operational opportunities; create and implement plans
to address opportunities.
- Approve and sign all food or beverage discounts of any
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk
of injury and accidents. Promptly notify the Area Supervisor in the
event of a guest or employee accident or injury.
- Ensure that proper company security procedures are in place to
protect employees, guests and company assets, including security of
storeroom, freezer and office.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all
unit issues. Take prompt corrective action where necessary or
suggest alternative courses of action.
- Complete job responsibilities and performance objectives in a
timely and effective manner and in accordance with company policies
- Always project a favorable image of IHOP to promote its goals
and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and
acceptance of all of its areas of endeavor.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities as required or
- Typically work indoors, but may occasionally work
- Be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays when
restaurants are busiest.
- Be willing to work unpredictable hours to fill in for absent
- Be aware of changing events in the local area to ensure proper
- Be willing to work at any local units or possibly
Keywords: IHOP, Grand Forks , Restaurant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...