Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: March 11, 2023
The General Manager is responsible for continually focusing on
achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost
control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while
maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with the management company and franchise
standards for personnel administration and performance, service to
patrons, and room rates.
- Delivers outstanding guest service and financial
- Delegates authority and assigns responsibility to all
employees; supervises work activities of all employees.
- Ensure staff receives proper training for each position,
including safety training and standard operating procedures.
- Allocates funds authorizes expenditures and assists,
departmental managers, in budget planning.
- Monitors cost controls for each department on a regular
- Inspects guests' rooms, public access areas, and outside
grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
- Answers patrons' complaints and resolves problems to maintain
- Handles and resolves employee issues.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations
as well as standard operating procedures
- Ensures bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and
- Ensures employee paperwork, work schedules and payroll are
completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Audits daily reports and processes monthly reports.
- Order supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance with
- Must be in close proximity so available to manage hotel
situations/emergencies. Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of five years' experience as a hotel General Manager
- Ideal candidate will have a sound background in sales,
operations, yield management, financial reporting and
- This is an excellent opportunity for a proven leader looking
for a quality, team-oriented, profitable property.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Associate's degree or higher level of education preferred but
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong
customer/client focus essential.
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion
in a timely manner.
- Adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but
not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
Keywords: NHS, Grand Forks , General Manager, Executive , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...