Director of Child Nutrition
Company: Young World Physical Education
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: April 9, 2021
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Posted : March 12, 2021 Enter your email to receive job alerts
when new jobs like this one are posted. My Email Job Description
Education:--Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent educational experience
with academic major or concentration in food and nutrition, food
service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences,
nutrition, business or related field. Qualifications:--Five years
experience in food service in a commercial or instructional setting
and two years experience at the management or administrative level,
or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Job
Goal:--To lead The Child Nutrition programs including the National
School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs, the After School Snack
Program, the Summer Food Service Program and other programs
available through the US Department of Agriculture. Work is led
through the interpretation of federal and state regulations and a
variety of nutritional, operational and financial policies and
procedures established by the US Department of Agriculture and the
ND Department of Public Instructional and Grand Forks Public
Schools. The Child Nutrition Director is responsible for the
strategic vision and oversight of the school district's Child
Nutrition program and directly supervises Child Nutrition
personnel. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but
are not limited to the following: Human Resources
- Interviews candidates for employment.
- Makes hiring decisions on behalf of the school district.
- Prepares and communicates with staff regarding their
performance and establishes and implements performance improvement
- Conducts appropriate staff meetings.
- Develops/Implements appropriate staff training and
- Establishes staffing formula for schools to ensure optimal
- Balances labor and food costs to promote operational success.
Financial Management and Recordkeeping/Reporting
- Projects annual operating budget and manages the budget on a
- Develops, implements and monitors internal controls to ensure
financial accountability and program integrity.
- Establishes inventory management and control systems.
- Projects operating costs based on meal equivalents.
- Prepares justification for budget requests.
- Recommends meal and a la carte sales prices.
- Tracks revenues and expenditures by budget codes.
- Implements and monitors a reliable system of cash
- Oversees payment of invoices in an accurate and timely
- Maintains fixed asset inventory.
- Prepares required local, state, and federal reports.
- Retains appropriate financial and participation records
Purchasing and Contracting
- Develops and revises (as needed) the district's Child Nutrition
program procurement plan and ensures the plan is consistent with
Federal, State and local procurement regulations and policies.
- Develops and submits product bid specifications for all foods
and supplies to prospective vendors.
- Evaluates bids and product quality prior to awarding
- Monitors the terms and conditions of the contracts to ensure
- Oversees testing of products.
- Develops and submits requests for proposals for non-food items
including equipment, technology/software and services.
- Conducts competitive negotiations with potential vendors as
- Ensures integrity in the procurement process and prevent
potential conflicts of interest. Food Production and Service
- Establishes, implements, and evaluates policies and procedures
for quality standards and quantity control.
- Provides leadership in developing recipes following USDA
- Ensures production records are completed accurately each day in
each school within the district.
- Plans menus for breakfast, lunch, snack, summer and catering
- Ensures meals and/or snacks served to students who meet USDA
- Establishes quality control procedures to ensure a high quality
school meals program.
- Plans/oversees special events catering. Compliance
- Implements free/reduced price meal program in a manner that
protects and preserves the civil rights of all students.
- Ensures an accurate meal counting/claiming system throughout
- Ensures compliance with federal and state laws, policies of the
ND Department of Public Instruction and policies/priorities of the
- Develops, implements and monitors the district's mandated HACCP
Plan and ensures each school is inspected at least twice by the
local Department of Health.
- Contributes to the nutrition and nutrition education components
of the district's wellness program.
- Conducts routine on-site reviews of all facilities operated by
- Implements corrective action when needed to address any
deficiencies identified within the district's Child Nutrition
- Monitors the district's use of federal funds to ensure they are
used only for allowable purposes. Equipment/Facility Management
- Evaluates and projects facility and equipment needs for the
Child Nutrition program.
- Coordinates maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities
with internal and external sources.
- Conducts follow-up on completed repairs and maintenance.
- Collaborates with the Communications and Community Engagement
staff on developing social marketing plans to involve students,
parents, school personnel and community partners in the district's
Child Nutrition program.
- Seeks and responds to student, parent, media, community and
- Maintains relationships with community agencies and
collaborates to achieve mutual goals.
- Prepares appropriate communications for the public to inform,
involve and engage the community in various Child Nutrition
- Record and manage with nursing and Child Nutrition staff to
ensure all special dietary requests have a medical statement,
proper food replacement and are identified to the appropriate staff
person. Supervisory Responsibility: Child Nutrition staff; Carries
out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; addressing employee performance and
disciplinary matters; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Work Environment and Physical Demands: While performing the duties
of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit;
occasionally walk and stand; travel from building to other sites.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus. The employee is required to be able to hear
conversations in quiet environments. The employee is directly
responsible for safety and well-being of students and coaches.
Terms of Employment: twelve (12) months; frequent irregular and
extended work hours including weekends Evaluation: By the Business
Manager once each year by June 15.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Job Categories : Administrator >
Administrator > Food Services
Employer Description To apply for a position with the Grand Forks
Public Schools, please go to www.gfschools.org and click District
Employment Opportunities under Quick Links on the homepage. This
link will take you to the online application system. All candidates
must apply through the online application system and apply to the
positions for which they are interested to be considered. Learn
more about us... Contact Information
- 2400 47th Ave S
- Grand Forks, North Dakota 58201
- Phone: 701-787-4878
- Fax: www.gfschools.org Click on Employment The content you
submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a
"Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who may or
may not be accurately representing who they are or who they
represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions.
Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials
posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the
service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this
section means social security or other government-issued
identification numbers, medical or health information, account
security information, individual financial account information,
credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account
passwords, individual credit and income information or any other
sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
Keywords: Young World Physical Education, Grand Forks , Director of Child Nutrition, Executive , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!