Company: North Dakota State University
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: April 9, 2021
The University of North Dakota new Memorial Union will open this
coming summer, prior to the start of fall semester date of August
23. The Memorial Union will provide students access to enhanced
study & meeting spaces equipped with modern collaboration
technology, a three-story atrium, and an IT lounge with
state-of-the-art technology. Food options in the building include a
branded Starbucks, Chick- Fil- A and Panda Express . In addition to
the three nationally branded concepts, Dining Services will operate
three self brandedDconcepts and a convenience store, Dakota Deli,
University Ave. Pizza, 1883 Grill, and Express Convenience Store.
Dining Services is recruiting qualified applicants for managers and
assistant managers of Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A and Panda Express. The
University offers a competitive starting wage along with an
excellent benefit package. Please see specific job posting for
starting wage and experience requirements. Please visit the
University of North Dakota Human Resources and Payroll Services web
site to review UND's excellent benefit package,
https://campus.und.edu/human-resources/ . Anticipated employment
starts May 15, 2021 - June 1, 2021. This application is for the
Chick-Fil-A Manager and Panda Express Manager Description The
primary purpose of this position is to supervise, organize daily
food operations and access/implement changes to ensure the highest
level of food quality in the Dining Services Unit. This position
will provide assistance and guidance to staff in Dining Services as
necessary or per demand. This position will apply current and food
science techniques required for high standards in overall plate
presentation and food quality within the established budgetary
goals. Extensive hands-on training with staff positions. This will
include training goals and department focus on food production
systems and techniques. This position will manage the food
production systems including the use of software program (Food Pro
Menu Management and proper operation of equipment) in Dining
Services. This position will be responsible for the ordering of
supplies for the Dining Services Unit. Duties &
- Leads and organizes unit staff to achieve maximum results.
Assigns daily work responsibilities, follow up to ensure standards
are met and policies and procedures are followed. Hold staff
accountable for results
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the assigned dining unit.
This includes supervision of assistant managers, full-time,
part-time and student staff.
- Daily supervises staff in the production of food and the
delivery of exceptional customer services.
- Ensures that staff follows recipes, portion sizes, holding and
serving temperatures, and other quality service guidelines.
- Ensures that the staff use proper procedures and take the
necessary safety measures around equipment.
- Checks to see that each staff is in proper uniform for their
- Exercises strong leadership practices.
- Trains the staff on proper customer service
- Establishes/ maintains good working relationships with
- Follows up to ensure that all dining services and franchise
standards are being met or exceeded.
- Mentors and provides training for staff.
- Evaluate, counsel, and discipline employees in accordance with
campus and departmental policies.
- Demonstrates and ensures customer services standards are
- Ensures Dining services food quality and appearance meet dining
and franchise standards.
- Directs and maintains overall cleanliness of dining unit.
- Completes performance review for staff, takes part in the
hiring process for all staff positions.
- Assists in production as needed
- Completes Food Pro Menu Management duties within established
time lines. These include but are not limited to: Forecasting,
service summaries, ordering and inventory control, and menu
development and maintenance.
- Does procurement of food and supplies for assigned areas. This
does include organization, arrangement, and stocking of
- Effectively schedule labor to match customer counts. Adjust
staffing throughout the service period according to customer
- Reviews pre-cost reports and product cost information.
- Maintains controllable expenses to meet or exceed established
- Reviews monthly P & L statements.
- Maintains/promotes image standards in customer areas.
- Establishes/maintains rapport with guests. Is present in the
service areas to answer questions and handle concerns.
- Utilizes various business practices in all areas to maintain
- Maintains high sanitation standards.
- Maintains an organized and secured facility.
- Ensures that an adequate number of employees is scheduled in
each area to meet service requirement, but still maintain labor
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational
- Must be able to move 45-50 pounds and stand 3 to 4 hours at a
- Ability to read and comprehend reports and basic math skills to
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to motivate and direct others
- Adapts well to change
- Ability to make timely decisions and deal with stressful
- Have an optimistic attitude, high degree of integrity, and a
strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service, planning, prioritizing, problem
solving and leadership skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three years of progressive experience in food service and food
- Experience with the materials, equipment and food used in the
- Experience with computers and software programs and food
- Two years or more of proven supervisory experience with all age
- Resume and cover letter
- Successful completion of a criminal history records check In
compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to
verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete
the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Two-year degree in an HRI Management/Culinary Art program
- NRA Serv Safe Certification
- Five years of experience in food production
- Experience of Food Pro menu management system Minimum Hiring
Salary/Position Classification Work Schedule/Start Date Anticipated
employment starts May 15, 2021 - June 1, 2021. Variable schedule to
include days, nights, and weekends Includes single or family health
care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life
insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick
leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental,
vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used
by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for
screening, interviewing and selection purposes. Confidentiality of
Application Materials Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications
and any records related to the applications that identify an
applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists
of the position, which are open to the public after the search
committee has identified the top three finalists who will be
invited to campus. EEO Statement The University of North Dakota is
an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or other protected characteristic.
Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and
members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged
to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding
their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran's status and
disability status as part of the application process. This
information will remain confidential and separate from your
application. Veteran's Preference Veterans claiming preference must
submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of
eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled
status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the
last 12 months. Clery Statement In compliance with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security
and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university's
policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security,
as well as three years' of crime statistics for our campus. As a
prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report.
The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You
may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police
Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND,
Keywords: North Dakota State University, Grand Forks , Franchise Manager, Executive , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!