Director of Operations
Company: Minnesota Ice Arena Manager's Association (MIAMA)
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Working under the direction of the General Manager,
the--Director of Operations--manages, supervises, and coordinates
the day-to-day operations of the Ralph Engelstad Arena complex.
This employee provides overall administrative planning, direction,
and policies to operating supervisors and staff, assuring the
highest quality service. The Director of Operations ensures an
effective and cost-efficient program by controlling departmental
operating budgets while providing highly responsible assistance to
the General Manager. Responsibilities:
- Oversees overall daily operation and maintenance of all
operating systems. This includes HVAC, sound, electrical, plumbing,
fire protection, life safety, workplace safety, communications,
scoreboard systems, pest control, custodial services, etc.
- Participate in the development and administration of the
facility's operations and capital budgets; forecast of additional
funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies;
monitor and approve expenditures with General Manager; implement
adjustments as necessary.
- Communicates with event department for the advancing,
communicating and executing of event information to the operations
- Oversees the operation of event set-up and tear-down.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or
coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct
- Responsible for Health & Safety and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline
work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide
quality seamless customer service.
- Recommend modifications to programs, policies, and procedures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Direct and monitor the work of contractors, engineers and
architects on building projects.
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, and
material safety data sheets; maintain knowledge of changes in
pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or better from an accredited college or
university in public assembly facility management, hospitality
management, business administration or a related field preferred,
but will consider relevant work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience and demonstrated
knowledge of physical plant management, supervisory skills and
experience in work crew supervision in facility operations.
- Capable of operating in Microsoft Office applications
including: Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to supervise the work of others and work
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers,
management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and
respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive,
enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced,
- Working knowledge of equipment safety, facility maintenance and
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Basic Knowledge of mechanical systems and ice operations.
- Basic Knowledge of Fire Alarm/Fire Protection systems.
- Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as
required. Please send resume and cover letter to: Ralph Engelstad
Arena, Attn: Stacy, One Ralph Engelstad Arena Drive, Grand Forks,
ND 58203, or email to Stacys@theralph.com. Applications will be
reviewed immediately. Compensation depending on qualifications and
experience. Job Information Status: Open No of vacancies: 1 Job
type: Full Time Job level: Top level Years of experience: 5 Salary:
Negotiable Publish date: 19 Nov 2020 Expire in: 4 weeks
Keywords: Minnesota Ice Arena Manager's Association (MIAMA), Grand Forks , Director of Operations, Executive , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!