Diesel Mechanic/Technician - $5000 Sign on Bonus - DAY SHIFT - Grand F
Company: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on
engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment
that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical,
diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies?
Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to
use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide
opportunity for growth? Our Mechanics are trained to provide
superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some
locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our
Mechanic's safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices
of all our Mechanics and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth,
opportunity, great benefits, rewards - check us out, we may be the
company for you.
Hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. with occasional
Saturdays and minimal overtime.
Why work for Waste Management?
-- Competitive Pay
-- Industry leading health insurance
-- Yearly tool allowance, boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests
and protective eyewear
-- Paid vacation after 90 days of continuous active service
-- Two weeks of off-site professional training
-- Non flat-rate shops
-- Employee Stock Purchase Program
-- Education Savings Plan
-- Employee Discount programs
-- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services
and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written
instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and
requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures. III. Supervisory
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience. B.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant
must be 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and
background check, which will include previous employment check,
criminal history and motor vehicle record review. None required. C.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
__ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Related Search Terms: Clutch, Transmission, Cummings, Diesel,
Diesel Mechanic, Diesel Technician, Technician, Electrical, Fleet,
Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Supervisor, Journeyman, Hydraulics, Mack,
PeterBilt, Disposal, Waste, Diesel Repair, Fleet Jobs, Foreman,
Computer Diagnostics, Equipment Maintenance
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the
legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform
physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or
without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the
position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Keywords: WASTE MANAGEMENT, Grand Forks , Diesel Mechanic/Technician - $5000 Sign on Bonus - DAY SHIFT - Grand F, Engineering , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!