Senior Project Engineer
Company: Fufeng Usa Incorporated
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Company OverviewFufeng USA Incorporated is looking for an
experienced Senior Project Engineer to organize, aid in design,
manage construction, and execute its U.S. manufacturing expansion
project.Fufeng USA Inc. is a subsidiary of Fufeng Group Limited; a
global leading biofermentation company that manufactures products
for the fast growing animal nutrition, food & beverage,
pharmaceutical, health & wellness, personal care, and oil & gas
industries. Founded in 1999, Fufeng Group now has over 14,000
employees globally and is one of the worlds largest manufacturers
of monosodium glutamate, Xanthan Gum, and Amino Acid.
Job SummaryThis critical role will work closely with the Chief
Operating Officer and U.S. project expansion team located both in
the U.S. and China to oversee facility design, manage 3rd party
engineering consultants and contractors, and oversee the
manufacturing plant construction in order to ensure compliance with
federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company
regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience with engineering detailed design, procurement,
estimating, permitting, and construction of manufacturing
facilities for the agro-industrial, biotechnology, pharmaceutical,
food and specialty chemical industries that had a capital spend of
+$200 million.Greenfield construction experience preferred versus
plant line expansion.
- Ensure that project activities are consistent with the project
objectives and that objectives can be met with available resources
and making recommendations as needed.
- Evaluates and approves changes that substantially impact the
scope, budget, or schedule of a project.
- Ability to manage workstreams of various engineering
disciplines and construction trades.
- Manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of
- Monitors progress and performance against the project
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the
functional area of responsibility.
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations
and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Leads an interdepartmental team to complete an assigned project
on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to
management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk.
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the
- Acts as a liaison between company and vendors.
- Collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization;
both on-site and remotely.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education/Experience/Competencies for Success
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field is required.
Masters Degree a plus.
- A minimum of 15-20 years of related managerial project
experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Relevant engineering experience in operations, project
management, process design and contractor supervision in a process
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with strong grasp of
engineering disciplines, plant operations and construction.
- Comfortable with being very hands-on both from an engineering
and construction management perspective.
- Experience formulating and executing plans that when complete,
met pre-defined project goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time.
- Computer skills including spreadsheet and project scheduling.by
Keywords: Fufeng Usa Incorporated, Grand Forks , Senior Project Engineer, Engineering , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!