Intern - Accounting
Company: J.R. SIMPLOT COMPANY
Location: Grand Forks
Posted on: February 13, 2020
Intern - AccountingLocation: Boise, ID, US, 83702-6924The J.R.
Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with
roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related
businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table
company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture,
including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences,
fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product
development, and distribution.SummaryThe J.R. Simplot Company is a
diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in
agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors
have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part
of the global economy. We currently have an Accounting Internship
position open at our global headquarters located in Boise,
Idaho.What's in it for you?This Internship opportunity is designed
to provide a realistic job preview and lay the solid foundation
necessary for future employment as a Simplot Accountant. This is
your chance to learn firsthand about The JR Simplot Company and our
financial and business processes.Key Responsibilities
- Assists accountants with routine month-end and year-end
processes as needed. This may include, but not limited to account
reconciliations, journal entries, control testing, research
projects, and completion of various tax forms and census
- Prepare support schedules, reviewing for accuracy, and
identifying and locating missing information.
- Other job assignments may include filing, running reports and
other assigned duties.Typical Education
- Enrollment in an Academic accounting program, from a nationally
accredited educational facility/university and working toward an
accounting degree having completed at least an Intermediate
- Must be at least a Junior or above in a discipline.Relevant
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest,
variances and percentages.
- Ability to test mathematical calculations for
- Working knowledge of Excel - including formatting, formulas and
linking of workbooks.
- Experience in Microsoft Word is helpful.
- Ability to quickly learn routine computer applications.
- Capable of reading and writing correspondence via email.
- Ability to communicate effectively with accountants and
accounting managers within the Company.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a team environment.
- Expected to work 20 hours per week during the school yearJob
Requisition ID: 179Travel Required: NonePay Grade: Global Grade 1
Location(s): Simplot Headquarters - Boise Country: United StatesThe
J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or
any other protected status.If you require technical assistance,
please email us at email@example.com.
Keywords: J.R. SIMPLOT COMPANY, Grand Forks , Intern - Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Grand Forks, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!